Ive been really busy lately and really neglecting my blog!
You know the kind of busy where you dont have a minute to your self but nothing to show for it? Well thats been me! Mostly running around after the kids, catching up on boring stuff like washing, ironing etc!
Im off this weekend to a cottage in Wales, we are all really looking foward to it. So I will update then with some lovely pics!
See you all soon
Monday, 28 January 2008
Posted by Michelle at 22:49
Sunday, 13 January 2008
Posted by Michelle at 23:29
Well I've been really busy over the last few days, I have finally set up my ebay i.d. I have sold clothes and bits and bobs on ebay for a long time now but I always wanted to do something different.
So my Mum and I decided to put our love of flea/antique markets to some use and look for items we could give a new life to and sell them on! We will also be including some of our own handmade lovelies now and again!
I am really excited at this venture, how often have you seen something just wonderful but not had the room well now I can still buy it but pass it on to someone like myself searching for treasures gone by!
I will keep my flickr updated with whats on offer each week! Our ebay i.d is the same as our blog but set out like this: cottage*home so please feel free to pop over when your browsing ebay!
Posted by Michelle at 23:22
Wednesday, 9 January 2008
Posted by Michelle at 20:54
Tuesday, 8 January 2008
Ive being dying to try out this yummy honey cake recipe for a while now, it was in a recipe book that I bought for my Dad for Christmas. I meant to copy the recipe down before I gave it to him.....but didn't!! So I waited patiently until he opened it and promptly grabbed it back to have the recipe!!!
Here's the recipe:
175g Clear honey
80g Light muscavado sugar
2 Eggs (beaten)
200g Self raising flour (sifted)
55g Icing sugar (sifted)
Pre-heat oven to 180c, Butter an 18cm/7in cake tin and line with grease-proof paper
Put honey, butter & sugar into a pan with 1tbs water & heat gently until melted
Remove from heat and transfer to a bowl, mix in eggs and flour
Spoon into the cake tin and bake for 40-45 mins until springy, cool and turn out
While the cake is still warm, make icing by mixing icing sugar, honey & 2/3 tsp hot water
Spoon over cake
This has to be the moistest cake I ever had! It was delicious!
Monday, 7 January 2008
Well the fog is clearing, Im starting to feel a little like my old self!
Im going to have a go at the "tag" that Tiff at folded gingham set me! I really hope I do this right!?
The rules are: I have to list 7 weird/random facts about myself and then "tag" another 7 people!
1. My name is Michelle and Im a F.B.A...........Fabric buyer-aholic!! I "buy far too much fabric than I will ever use". That was my Husbands voice...not mine. Of course I will use it.................some-day! ; )
Oh ok.........I buy it because I LOVE it....not because I need it!!! There Ive admitted it!!!
2. Im a choco-holic ( bit of a holic theme going on!!!). I do LOVE chocolate and my FAVE is Cadbury's Dairy Milk.
3. I am a night owl and love the house at night when all is quiet and everyone is in bed! It's such a different feeling than being in the house alone during daytime!
4. I am desperate to learn how to crochet, no matter how many times I have tried (and flung it across the room), I just cant get the hang of it : (
5. My birthplace is also famous for The Beatles! (Yeah, Yeah, Yeah!)
6. We have a tiny Yorkshire terrier dog, whom I adore, but generally on the whole Im not a fan of dogs!
7. If I had to live somewhere else I would, without a doubt choose the U.S
So there you go, 7 facts about me!! Im now going to tag:
1. Priscilla (Priscilla's Cottage)
2. Abby (A Feathered Nest)
3. Deb (Homespun Living)
4. Allison (My Cozy Home)
5. Rebecca (Thrifty Goodness)
6. Karla (Karla's Cottage)
7. Linda (Somewhere in Time)
You have to list 7 weird/random things about yourself, and include a link to the person who tagged you!!
Posted by Michelle at 00:44
Wednesday, 2 January 2008
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Just a quick post as I am suffering from a cold, feeling extremely sorry for myself, what a way to start New Years!
I have been tagged by Tiff over at Folded Gingham, one of my fave blogs to list 7 weird/random facts about myself!!
As I am new to all this I am really pleased and honored to be part of it!!!!
I promise I will get round to this as soon as my head stops spinning and my nose stops running!
Posted by Michelle at 08:00